Menopause and it’s hormonal upsets have taken so much away (joy, happiness…) I am starting to feel deprived. What can I add to feel better as my hormones shift?
-Add it up in Anchorage
I hear you! I’ve spent years trying to crowd out the “bad stuff” by adding in a ton of fun, great healthy stuff. Of course it makes sense to add in hormone supports…Here are 8 of my faves!
- Seed cycling is as easy as adding 1 Tbsp of seeds to your morning (raw & unsalted Pumpkin and Flax for your estrogen phase and Sesame and Sunflower for your progesterone phase)
- Add in 15 minutes of sleep every other night until you can get up without an alarm and are getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
- Square breathing (inhale for 4, hold for 4, exhale for 4, & hold for 4) in as little as 5 breaths your stress will plummet.
- 30-60 minutes of NEAT activity…just movement, add 10,000 steps (or 5,000 or 2,000), a slow bike ride or a little time in a kayak…the purpose is not to burn calories and go fast but to enjoy moving your body more than you are now.
- Weight lifting, as little as 30 minutes twice a week will protect your bones, posture and power (staying power 😉 )
- Add in sex. Not only is it great for stress relief, it’s going to help you feel connected to your partner. Maybe you don’t “feel” like it as often as you once did but maybe once you start kissing on your babe… (no partner? solo orgasm is still awesome for stress reduction.)
- How about some water therapy? A contrast shower (E phase) or a hot bath (P phase) is a super support.
- CHOCOLATE! Cooling Mint Chocolate for the E phase and Spicy Chili Chocolate for the P phase…
Who said hormone support was all a drag of fun sucking deprivation!? Now go add in some support!